Frank G. Zarb School of Business Dean's Fund
At Hofstra, we understand the importance of preparing our students for the global economy. The Frank G. Zarb School of Business Dean's Fund provides funding for student experiential learning in managing investments, research, technology and entrepreneurship.
- The Hofstra chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, an international accounting honor society, provides opportunities for growth, service, and networking. Students hear from professionals from firms including Deloitte, EY, Grant Thorton, KPMG, among others, at weekly meetings; visit companies; attend national meetings; and participate in networking events and service activities.
- The state-of-the-art Behavioral Research in Business Laboratory, allows students to participate in sophisticated, multidisciplinary behavioral research. They gain experience working with technology including advanced analytical hardware and software to analyze behavior for business-focused research. In the lab, they learn how to record and analyze eye movements, facial expressions, and more, conducting studies for clients as part of class projects.
- Through the interdisciplinary Cybersecurity Innovation and Research Center, a joint project of the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science and the Zarb School, students are being trained for cybersecurity careers of tomorrow. The Center provides opportuntiies for participation in programming including a capture the flag-type activity to learn about trends in system security exploits and defense, and coding academies for high school students.
- The Dean's Business Scholars program provides high-achieving students with enrichment and networking opportunities.
- Our dual-degree program with Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE) in China provides undergraduate students with a global internship experience and the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Business Administration from Hofstra University and a Bachelor of Economics from DUFE.
- Students serve global communities through an innovative International Entrepreneurship Consulting Course. Graduate and undergraduate students studying all disciplines learn about the global economy, analyzing the political, social, technological, environmental, and legal factors facing small businesses. They then put their skills to practice and work with global entrepreneurs abroad during spring break to help develop practical solutions to their business problems. Students have traveled to South Africa and Israel for this experiential opportunity.
- Our Student Managed Investment Fund provides students the opportunity to manage an investment pool of real money. Students who meet the qualifying requirements have the opportunity to gain experience as portfolio managers and security analysts using Bloomberg professional terminals to manage investments.
- Zarb School of Business also hosts speakers, conferences as well as over 40 student organizations that adds to students' learning experiences.
These experiential learning opportunities are life-changing experiences that foster both a student’s personal and academic growth. Thanks to the generosity of our alumni, parents, and friends, the Dean’s Fund has been able to continue to offer these opportunities.
Today, please consider a gift to the Frank G. Zarb School of Business Dean's Fund and make a difference in lives of hard-working students.